CCNA Collaboration certification is for network video engineers, IP telephony and IP network engineers who want to develop and advance their collaboration and video skills in line with the convergence of voice, video, data and mobile applications.
Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices (CICD) 1.0
Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks
Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS gateways
Basic knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection.
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to implement Cisco Unified Communications (UC) solutions. It covers administration of end-user interfaces, telephony and mobility features, and Cisco UC solutions maintenance. A new type of lab called a Discovery lab is introduced. Discovery labs are a learning environment, embedded in the lessons, that enables students to learn about principles and technology in a more interactive, hands-on way. The course also contains Challenge labs. Challenge labs are labs where students test their knowledge gained through a lesson or multiple lessons. After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Describe the components of a Cisco Unified Communications solution and identify call signaling and media stream flows
• Provide an overview of administrator and end-user interface options in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified
Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service.
• Understand call flows in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
• Perform endpoint and end-user administration tasks in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications
• Describe the telephony features supported in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
• Administer users in Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service, and enable the most commonly used features for both applications
• Describe how to maintain a Cisco Unified Communications solution
Module 1: Describe the Characteristics of a Cisco Unified Communications Solution
Module 2: Provision End Users and Associated Devices
Module 3: Configure Voice Messaging and Presence
Module 4: Maintain Cisco Unified Communications System
Module 5: Provide End User Support
Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 2 (CIVND2) 1.0
Working knowledge of basic IP networking
Knowledge of video conferencing and streaming fundamentals
The Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 2 (CVIND2) course will provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco Collaboration endpoints in converged Cisco infrastructures. It covers a range of Cisco Collaboration solutions and enables students to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication This course also introduces a new type of lab called a Discovery lab. Discovery labs are a learning environment, embedded in the lessons, that enables students to learn about principles and technology in a more interactive, hands-on way.
Module 1: Describe the components and architectures of Cisco Business Video solutions
Module 2: Implement Cisco Collaboration endpoints
Module 3: Implement Cisco TelePresence endpoints
Module 4: Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco Collaboration endpoints
Module 5: Implement Cisco Digital Media Players
Mr Abdul Vaheed
Degree in Bcom from Andhra University, India
Master of Science in Information Technology, from the Allahabad Agriculture Institute of Deemed
Over 14 years of experience in Networking, Network Security, etc.
Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing & Switching
MCSE Microsoft Certified Trainer